Designed specifically for kids in school settings, we were tasked with redesigning our client's previous headphone model to be more stylish, cost effective, and virtually indestructible.
We looked at a wide range of headphones on the market for inspiration
After going through an extensive round of ideation sketches and orthographic Photoshop renderings, this is the final direction we decided on.
From here, I was in charge of creating the CAD model, which involved reverse engineering many of the mechanisms from the previous design. This model would later be used for manufacturing purposes, so a big challenge was not only making it functional, but manufacturable.
Once I got the CAD as far as I could, ensuring all the mechanisms were fully functional through the prototyping process, we sent it off to the factory to finalize the rest.